Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Beginning

I have noticed lately that I have gained about a zillion pounds. Well maybe not a zillion but a good 25 over the past year. That does not include the extra 75 that I have been carrying since my hysterectomy 4 years ago. I have now noticed that the extra weight has turned into fat and doesn't look good...in fact it looks down right disgusting. The fact is, obese doesn't look good on me.

The scare my dad had last week really woke me up. If he, who is not terribly overweight, walks 2-3 miles everyday, works actively in the yard, camps, hikes and gets general exercise can have that big of a problem, then what about me? I am a good 75 pounds overweight, I have a teenager who does most of the yard work, the farthest I walk is from the van to the door and my daily exercise generally includes my fingers running across the keyboard. I am afeared that I am going to be in some serious trouble if I don't get a handle on this NOW!

I have, slowly, been trying to eat healthier. Low fat is always on my mind. (baking includes applesauce and flax seed as alternatives) I have taken to eating mostly vegetarian. (I eat vegetarian during the week and only 1 serving of meat on the weekends) I have kicked the soda pop habit, almost. (I will drink a diet pop if I am at my mom and dads house) I have been turning down candy and sweets the picklets offer me. I have not been buying high fat, high sugar, high calorie convenience foods to keep in the house. I make sure I eat plenty of veggies, though my fruit intake has not been where it should be. It isn't much, but it is a start.

My goal for the rest of the month is to exercise at least 2 days a week. It might be riding my recumbent bike or walking the treadmill, and when my order arrives, I will be doing this. I am also going to be conscience of my stress levels and keep a journal of my stress. I highly think my stress and overeating go hand in hand.

So, good or bad, that is my plan, at least for December. I am hoping I can add to my "workout" by winning this. Lori at A Cowboy's Wife is giving away 1 10 minute trainer and 1 $15.oo gift certificate to Subway. If you have time, click on over and sign up! Though I hope you don't win. ;-) ;-) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment